Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thanksgiving Thursday

On this Thanksgiving Thursday I’m thankful for the family God has given me. My wife of 39 years has been supportive and encouraging. It’s humbling to think that a young woman would choose to join with a man and trust God and him to lead in her life. I’m thankful for her courage and willingness to join me in life’s adventure. I’m thankful for my three children. Each one of them has a special and unique place in my heart. Each one is supportive encouraging and loyal. Each one desires to serve God through their life. I’m thankful for their spouses and the special man one of my children is courting. Finally I’m thankful for five grandchildren – two boys and three girls. God has wonderfully blessed and as I expressed last time, it is only through His grace because there is not one human being on the face of the earth who deserves anything from God. And yet He has given bountifully.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I just returned from Denver, Colorado visiting our son. We were reminded of God's beautiful creation when we went to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. Of course, we're thankful for our children and the way they have blessed our lives; but Psalm 19 really comes to life when you view the glory of God's handiwork!

Anonymous said...

I think I am most thankful for prayer, and the work of the Holy Spirit in my life. I am constantly amazed how He can calm my anxious thoughts, how He can CHANGE the way I feel, how He can give me HIS mind...as Roger quoted the words to the song "May The Mind Of Christ My Savior.." I sincerely feel that Christ would be enough for me, if everything or everyone else were taken away. Anything short of THAT is a gift, a blessing I will not take for granted!

Melody

Anonymous said...

I am most thankful this year for God's faithfulness, especially as it poertains to Him supplying work for me. I am self employed (a builder) and God has provided continually through this past year, to the point that I am having trouble keeping up. And this is in Michigan, in this economy!! I also am set to start a major project that will take me through most of the winter. PRAISE THE LORD!