Friday, September 28, 2012
The Church, the Body of Christ - Literally
Here's a short Bible study I used to teach on Wednesday night. If you want it in downloadable, printable pdf form, you can find it here.
The Church is the Body of Christ, Literally
1. Ephesians 5:31 is a quote from __________________
2. What had just happened prior to verse 24?
3. Adam described Eve as ________ of his _________ and _________ of his _________.
4. For this reason a man shall leave his mother and father and be joined as one flesh to his wife.
5. Ephesians 5:32 says that this is a mystery related to Christ and the _____________.
6. Ephesians 5:30 uses the same words that Adam used. We are members of his body, of his ________
and of his ___________.
7. As Eve was brought out of Adam while he slept, the church is a new creation resulting from the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.
8. Ephesians 2:15 God is creating in Christ one ______ ________.
9. We are:
A _____ creation 2 Corinthians 5:17
Born _________ by an incorruptible 1 Peter 1:23
Given a ______ heart Ezekiel 36:26
Made __________ of the divine nature 2 Peter 1:4
One ____________ with Christ 1 Corinthians 6:17
Given the _________ of Christ 1 Corinthians 2:16
Baptized into the body by the _________ 1 Corinthians 12:13
The body of Christ and members ____________ 1 Corinthians 12:27
Members of one _____________ Romans 12:5
10. His body the church is the __________ of Him who fills all in all. Ephesians 1:23
11. The goal is to grow into the ___________ (or complete or mature) man unto the _____________ of the fullness of Christ. Ephesians 4:13. The man referred to here is not each individual man becoming like Christ, but the one new man, the church, which God is creating.