Wednesday, January 02, 2008

God Fights For Us

For some time now I’ve chosen a verse to focus on during each month. I do this so that I have a focus for my meditation during the month and also so that I can encourage you with something from Scripture. The verse I’ve chosen for this month is 2 Chronicles 32:7, 8 which reads:

Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid nor dismayed before the king of Assyria, nor before all the multitude that is with him; for there are more with us than with him. With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles.

Even though these verses have immediate historical context with the king of Assyria being the enemy, I think we can be encouraged by applying the truth of this passage in whatever enemy we face. God has committed himself to defend His people. For example, He has promised not to allow us to be tempted above what we are able to endure. The battle is completely within our Lord’s control. Hopefully that thought can be an encouragement to you today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. This is an encouragement that Christ fights for us.