Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Meditating, Not Just Reading the Word

Have you ever been frustrated with the Read-Through-The-Bible-In-A-Year plans because you cover a lot of ground, but really don't take time to think through and meditate on the scriptures before you. God promises us spiritual success if we take time to meditate on The Word throughout our days. (Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1)

I finally gave up the notion of trying to read the Bible through in a year. Instead I use one of the same plans, but just read a smaller amount each day and if it takes me several years, that's ok.

Another idea is a scheduled plan that doesn't cover as much ground and therefore gives you time to think through the passage in front of you. I discovered such a plan this week and thought I would pass on the link to all of you. It can be found here. I hope you find it helpful.

No comments: