Friday, April 30, 2010

T4G-The Book's Back Cover

Those of us who had the privilege of attending this year’s Together For the Gospel conference in Louisville were given 20 books that we are encouraged to read over the coming months. I thought I would let you know the titles and authors of those books along with the quote from the back cover. These postings are in no particular order.

Book: Marks of the Messenger: Knowing, Living and Speaking the Gospel by J. Mack Stiles

Evangelism is not rooted in a method but in something much deeper. It is found in what makes us whole and healthy messengers of God’s truth about Jesus. Mack Stiles shows how the gospel changes all of who we are and what we do. It means not just going through the motions of accepted behaviors. It means showing the unity of witness and justice. It means love. It means community. Join Mack Stiles in a life-giving adventure of boldly knowing, living and speaking the gospel.

D.A. Carson writes, “I do not think I have ever read a book on evangelism that makes me more eager to pass it on than this one – better, that makes me more eager to evangelize than this one.”

No comments: