Saturday, December 08, 2007

A New Approach

I have just reached the book of Hosea in my personal Bible reading and I hope to slow down my pace and instead of trying to read a certain amount in a day, I want to focus more on what I’ve been reading. Of all the portions of Scripture that I’ve read, I have probably spent the least time in the Minor Prophets. I’m not going to use this blog to do an in-depth study of the book because I have found that I don’t have the ability to stay focused on the same study for a long time. What I would like to do though is to post some thoughts and insights that come along the way.

If you’ve been reading this blog for very long you will have noticed that I try to continue steadfastly in a series for a period of time. I have found that I’m not able to do that because by the time I’m ready to write the next installment, I’ve gone well past that topic in my personal thinking and study. In order to write more frequently and yet not frustrate myself in trying to maintain continuity, I’m going to write what I’m actually working on at the time. The result may be more disconnected articles. But you’ll just have to adjust and follow along. If articles are supposed to connect with previous ones, I’ll try to title them similarly so that you can follow the train of thought.

In the next post, then, I’ll share some thoughts on the first couple of chapters of Hosea.

No comments: