Friday, May 30, 2014

Truth to Know and Believe

 In summary from our study of victory in Christ here are --
Truths to Know and Believe:
1. While I was still a sinner Christ died in my place. (Romans 5:8)
2. Just as Adam's sin made me a sinner, Jesus' life and sacrifice made me righteous. (Romans 5:16, 19)
3. I died to sin when I died with Christ. (Romans 6:1-3)
4. I am crucified with Christ. (Galatians 2:20)
5. My old man was crucified with Him. (Romans 6:6)
6. The body of sin has been rendered inoperative. (Romans 6:6)
7. I've been freed from sin and its reign. (Romans 6:7)
8. Sin will not have dominion over me. (Romans 6:14)
9. I am not under law, but under grace. (Romans 6:15)
10. I've been forgiven of all trespasses and the handwriting of ordinances that was against me has been taken out of the way and nailed to the cross. (Colossians 2:14)
11. I am a slave of whoever I obey – either sin leading to death, or obedience leading to righteousness, to holiness to eternal life. (Romans 6:16-23)
12. I have become dead to the law through the body of Christ. (Romans 7:4)
13. I am free to bear fruit to God and to serve in the newness of the Spirit. (Romans 7:4,6)
14. The law is holy, just and good. (Romans 7: 12)
15. The law is spiritual but I am fleshly. (Romans 7:14)
16. When I would do good, evil is present in me, that is in my flesh. (Romans 7:18, 21)
17. I am now not under any condemnation because I am in Christ. (Romans 8:1)
18. I am free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:2)
19. The sin in me was condemned in the atonement of Christ. (Romans 8:3)
20. The righteous requirement of the law will be fulfilled in me as I walk according to the
Spirit. (Romans 8:4)
21. If I live according to the flesh, I'm embracing death, I'm an enemy of God, and I cannot please God. (Romans 8:5-8)
22. I have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. (Galatians 5:24)
23. As a Christian, my body is dead because of sin, but my spirit is alive because of righteousness, and the Holy Spirit will also give life to my mortal body some day. (Romans 8:10, 11)
24. I am not a debtor to the flesh to follow it. I don't owe it anything! (Romans 8:12)
25. If I live according to the flesh, I will die, but if I put to death the deeds of the body by the power of the Spirit, I will live. (Romans 8:13)
26. The Spirit will be victorious over the flesh. (Galatians 5:17)
27. The one in me is greater than the one in the world. (1 John 4:4)
28. God will not allow me to be tempted or tested above what I am able. (1 Cor 10:13)
29. God will finish what he started and conform us to the image of Christ. This is a certainty. (Phil 1:6; Romans 8:29)
30. Under the New Covenant I've been given a new heart, new spirit, God's Spirit and motivation to do right. (Ezekiel 36:26)
31. God will discipline me as a loving Father so that I will share in His holiness. Without that holiness I won't see the Lord. (Hebrews 12:10, 14)
32. Having been sanctified and perfected, my conscience has been cleansed once for all. (Hebrews 9:9; 9:14; 10:2; 10:22; read all of chapter 10 carefully)

No comments: