Tuesday, January 05, 2010

A New Year's Thought

Greetings and Happy New Year

I hope you had a wonderful celebration of our Lord’s birth over this Christmas season. I’m not sure why Christmas was put in December, but I like the fact that on winter nights, the sky is clearer and the stars brighter than at other times of the year. At least that’s the way it is here in Michigan. Looking up into the sky on these nights helps me to see myself and our planet more in perspective with the rest of the universe.

It reminds me of the Psalm that says “What is man that you are mindful of him?” To think that God would break through the sky and come here to save us is amazing. Job rightly said, “How then can man be righteous before God? Or how can he who is born of a woman be pure? If even the moon does not shine, and the stars are not pure in His sight, how much less man, who is a maggot, and the son of man, who is a worm?” Job 25:4-6

The tremendous answer to Job’s question is that God “made Him (Jesus) who knew no sin to be sin for us, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21

Take some time in the next couple of weeks to let your mind think on this for a time.

On another topic, do you have any books on your to-read list for the next six months or so? I’m always looking for good reading material so if you find something especially good, I’d be interested in hearing about it.

No comments: