Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Consider the Resurrection

Back in April as we were approaching Good Friday, I suggested that we take some time to consider the cross. At the time, I said that we would use the month of May to consider the implications of the resurrection of Christ in our lives. Well, I have just had four or five of the busiest weeks that I have had in a long time. It seems like so many important things have suffered because of the requirements of the urgent. I’m trying to refocus and get myself back on track.

So, I would like to move forward with the plan of thinking and writing about Christ’s resurrection during May and probably into June as well. The verse I would like us to think about and to launch our discussion is Philippians 3:10 “that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death.”

I think we should ask ourselves if we have the same desire as Paul had? Do we want the power of the resurrection in our lives? How does it look to know Him and have the power of His resurrection?

Let’s talk about this a little bit. You can either respond on the Faithful Men blog or join the Facebook discussion group on this topic.

No comments: