Monday, March 16, 2009

Memorization Monday -- Week 25 The Fact of Sin

This week’s verse continues with the truth of the Gospel – The Penalty for Sin

This verse is no doubt familiar to you, but what I want you to think about as you meditate on this verse is whether you believe it or nor. Really. We so easily say, “The wages of sin is death.” But do we really believe that the consequences of my impatience with my wife carries the death penalty with it? Do we really believe that not loving a neighbor with the same amount of love that I love myself carries the death penalty? Do I really believe that because I have only loved God with part of my strength rather than all of it, I am worthy of death? If so, consider how much forgiveness you and I have already received from the hand of God. Is it enough to cause me to love Him more?

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

No comments: